Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Shed arrives and I saw a snake!



Hi ya'll. Life got exciting yesterday when our shed arrived. You know you're in trouble when a shed is exciting but it was. We had about 7 guys show up to help us get it off the trailer and onto the ground. It wasn't quite shimmed up on the left when I snapped this pix but I had to get a pix while most of the guys were still around.



The day before that I was walking zoe in the wash and she walked by a small snake and when I realized what it was I got the heebee jeebees. My weak knees got me back home and I grabbed the camera and went to my neighbor's yard (Gary and Margaret) and took a pix with zoom. I actually drew a yellow circle around it before I shrunk the pix but you can barely see it or the yellow circle, just off left on center. So figuring it wouldn't turn out, good hearted Gary went down and held it for me so I could get a good pix. Evidently, it had frozen to death on a cold night and then dehydrated in the hot days. That works for me! There was an article in the paper that scorpion bites are up. Don't leave shoes out overnight - that's the most common way people get bit. I leave my sandles out overnight but now they go on the little table we have and I double check.
Auntie Kathy and Dale bought a house in Kentucky and should be moving into it in a day or two, I think they said the 13th. Speaking of the 13th, Mackenzie turns 3 on March 13. I'll send her gift home with Tracy. Lola and Lolo are treating her to a trip to Disney World so I figure if our gift arrives AFTER the trip, it might have a bigger impact, although nothing can beat Mickey! Mackenzie is so excited. She actually knows where she is headed. Such a smart kid. And cute too. Have fun! (We were all invited to meet up in Orlando for the fun, but that was a bit much for us to squeeze in considering we'll be heading home in a month of their trip).
Hope you're all okay and I'm down to counting single digit days until Tracy and Tina get here!
Love to all, Mummy (and Diane)





2 comments:

Jane and John Weichert said...

Darn, I missed all the excitement.

Luann said...

That size snake I could deal with. Especially when it is DEAD!!