Sunday, August 16, 2009

Finally got some keepers











Jackie is visiting and she has a friend visiting her so we had to go fishing. Tim and I both caught keeper Walleye. What fun! The girls weren't as lucky but who cares. (hahaha) Our lake has an 18" minimum, anything less has to go back into the water. I caught a perch but of course I didn't know that yet, and started reeling it in. Whatever I had on the line started to got really really heavy. The rod was bending almost to the point of snapping and I thought I was caught up in the weeds but whatever was on the hook was really fighting back, even when I let up on it. I handed the whole thing to Tim and he pulled on it, as if he were getting it out of the weeds and finally let up but "suprise" the fish was still on. Well when I got the fish in the boat, it had bite marks on it! Something big was trying to eat the fish I caught. You might see some of the damage on the perch I'm holding up. I can clearly see how people can really get carried away with "fish stories". I posted Jackie with her non-keeper walleye too. As far as my picture, Jackie cut half my face off when she took the picture. I wasn't about to pose a second time with that fish! I was laughing more for the fact that I was holding the darn fish than I was for catching it!
Rain today so no fishing. Maybe some downtown Hayward shopping.
Love, Mummy




No comments: