Friday, December 19, 2008


Deedles and Tumbleweed Tree




Hello everyone and Season's Greetings!

Tim and I are getting excited - we'll be leaving very early Sunday for Vegas, hopefully, we'll be there in time to greet Rachel and Darian when their flight comes in. Then it is on to her in-laws' Vegas home. Mackenzie is already there and Darrell will be out on the 23rd, after exams. I miss all the girls and the folks and would love to spend some time with Dennis and Sharon too. So today is alot of chasing around and tomorrow is packing. Saturday evening we are invited to a friend's house for a season "dish to pass" event.

My deedles have made it into a Gallery, thanks to Terry at Tempe Yarn and Fiber. You can visit her site and a few Deedles at http://tempeyarnandfiber.blogspot.com/ The Gallery is Art on Boston (I believe it is http://www.artonboston.com/) and the Deedles appear to be in really good company with the other artwork, from painting to glass work and jewelry. I was thrilled to see the area the shop is in. It is old Chandler with a square, restaurants, art galleries, tiny brewery, etc. The square has a Christmas tree made of tumble weed. It is ironic, because my friend Paige told me about the tree and Tim and I kicked around going to see it. As we approached the area and watched street names, we spotted the tree and the gallery was right on the other side of the street. (where was my camera? at home!) Then I was thrilled all over again when Laurie, the owner, said she would show them in the store. The whole thing is just too cool.
I've been rather lazy about keeping up the blog - apologies to all. I know keeping in touch is important. I'm not too sure I'm loving Arizona - the friendships are fabulous. Paige is a fiber freak too. Jane is an avid reader and we've read many of the same things, she became a Grandmother of twins yesterday. Holly is right across the street and she goes to water aerobics too. I went with Sue (a fun Canadian) and Jane to Bingo for the very first time ever on Wednesday. What fun is that? I could do that every night!
Tim has a job interview for a residential treatment center on the 30th. I hope he gets it. It is 2nd shift and I think he wants to keep busier.
I can never control where the pix end up on this blog when I upload them and I've lost my work too many times to try to get them where I want them but at least I have a new camera and at leat there is something posted.
I'll try to post in Vegas or California - but for now, Merry Christmas to all and Love and Prayers. Tim and Diane






1 comment:

Jane and John Weichert said...

We were in Chandler today too. I know it's the perfect place for the Deedles.