Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Monsoons Have Arrived

Rain has arrived in Las Vegas! Evidently, it's gone too. We've waited and waited and finally we have thunder, lightening and downpours. The weather made Tm's day. Storms and rainy days are some of his favorite things. The worst of it hit while I ran to the store. While inside the noise of a storm echoed through the building and everyone looked around asking "Is that thunder?" I went outside to find a downpour. On the way home I drove through standing water (not dangerous kind) and hesitated before going through rushing water (the dangerous kind). Turned the corner at the end of our block and drove through a lake. I figured I would beep and Tim and I could drive around a bit and see all the water but he was busy taking a movie of it on his cell phone and didn't want to go out and about because he had a tuna casserole in the oven. We've seen rain here in the form of rain drops, enough to make the air smell fresh and turn the concrete dark from rain but that's all. We see storms that don't hit the ground because the air is too dry. We see the mountain tops turning white from the snow. Now we finally see rushng water, rescues, power outages, all so thrilling. Let's not forget the falling temps! The temps never got out of the 60s yesterday - far below normal but change is nice.

Saw the neurologist yesterday and am awaiting an MRI - don't you just love being MRIed? I just hate being confined and having to "keep it together". I think the scariest part is the though of freaking out and losing the "breath evenly, keep your eyes closed, go to my happy place, breath evenly." Also, going back on 3 shots a week. No big deal, nothing out of the ordinary.

I am looking forward to some visitors. Jackie's friend, Shelia, arrives tonight and after months and months of nonstop sunshine and clear skies, we'll be under clouds. I love seeing clouds, my squinting wrinkles get a well needed break. Shelia however, isn't expecting clouds, she was hoping to "get a little color". In another few weeks Jennifer and Tracy are coming. It will be shortly before my birthday and they'll miss it but we'll have an early Thanksgiving dinner with them and get out and about and of course, Rachel, Darrell, Mackenzie and Darrian will be included. Rachel plans another trip here in November too so I'll get plenty of grandkid visits in. This means I'll have to have the Christmas tree up in early November. Hmmm, how can I stand all the joy?

Life has been quiet and almost boring but I have to post something - next time I should have more lively "stuff". Until then, love and kisses. Diane

No comments: