Monday, November 22, 2010

Grateful for family













I've discovered mobeous knitting, that is, knitting on circular needs with an intended twist so the scarf has a permanant fold. It's fun and entertaining. I've also made some cuffs, that is, fingerless gloves. Lots of fun! Especially since people like them. It is fun to knit but then it is more fun when it is appreciated. That said - on with family news.

Family came "home" last week. Tracy and Jennifer flew in and Rachel, Darrell, Mackenzie and Darrian drove from California. We were together for almost 5 full days and we had so much fun, food and laughs. Tina and Jorge weren't here and we missed them although it is a good thing Tina wasn't here because her mother had a heart attach and it was a blessing she was home. The grandkids didn't fail to entertain and they are getting more amazing by the day. I noticed that Mackenzie is very bright. I can't explain what I mean, I know she's bright, but she uses information she's picked up in such suprising ways, more complex than I would expect at her age. Her hair is long, her eyes are beautiful and when she smiles her dimples are not too deep, not to small, they are just "enough". And Darrian, he is starting to talk alot and is the cutest thing inte world. I love the way he says water and cars. His r's are drawn out really cute. His brown eyes are huge and when he smiles he does melt your heart. Hugs and kisses are heartwarming. Since they were here the week before for a wedding celebration in Darrell's family I got to have them here some extra nights too.

I wish . . . but don't we all. I wish I could have all of them close to me all the time but that darn Rachel marrying a California boy went and made life more . . . exciting? I'm loving Las Vegas's weather. I am suprised how warm the house is without running the furnace. Of course, we only had temps in the lower 40s a few mornings but we warm up during the day. Having said that, I'm chilled. We don't have tons of friends but Tim is working part time and I enjoy the quiet life. When the kids are here, it is busy enough. I need to recoop. Our neighbors are very nice though and it is unusual to know and speak to your neighbors here so we are lucky. It is odd that people can live next to someone for years and never speak to them. It seems that is the norm here.

My folks are moving into an apartment on December 1. A broken furnace forced them to make the decision and leave their house but they really can't deal with maintaining a house anymore. Tracy and my brother, Dennis, are helping them get their stuff sorted, packed and moved and for that I am soooo grateful.

The tree is up for the holidays and plans are for a very quiet one at that but ooohhh, isn't it cozy. We could go to California and celebrate Christmas Eve with Darrell and his family but we'll pass this year and plan to do that again in the future. Their family is huge, everyone gathers at Auntie Dave's where the decorations are over the top and there are presents galore, Philipino food (and it is soooo good), laughter and children everywhere. Throw in a white elephant gift exchange with the adult cousins and some holiday beverages and you are in for one fun night. We went 2 years ago and our faces were so sore from smiling.

Please enjoy the pictures of the kid's visit and I'll post again soon.










Love, me.

1 comment:

Jane and John Weichert said...

It sounds wonderful. Loved the pictures. Aren't grandchildren the best!