Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Colors of Port Aransas











Port Aransas is nothing if not colorful! I am amazed how New Orleans - like the colors are here. I took a few pictures I thought I would share. We watched some fisherpeople and this woman pulled in a large salt-water cat fish. It was the smallest of the ones they caught and this picture makes it look small but it was about 20 inches long. Actually, I guess that's tiny for what people catch here. There is a shop with a huge shark outside and some funky sea horses at another. We've weathered two rather wicked storms so far and there are some more in our future. One couple here lost the awning on their motor home. He's already getting it fixed, less than 24 hours. Our windows are real clean now though and our car sparkles. We had been getting pretty (very) dusty. We'll be doing laundry again today. Then a walk on the beach. Enjoy the pix. Love, Diane and/or mummy