Monday, October 26, 2009

Storms aloft, hang on







We experienced a storm last night and one right now. Our trailer is rocking from 41 mph gusts and I think we'll have enough standing water to feed the mosquitos for the rest of the winter. They are horrible here. Don't leave the trailer after the gloming. They got in last night, when Tim took Zoe out, and he slapped mosquitos with the fly swatter for half an hour. The buggers look like northern mosquitos but they are nearly invisible and they don't make a noise. I hate their buzzing noise but given the option, I like a warning. I'm all bit up.


We went to the library and got our card and books, we visited the Chamber of Commerce for info on the area and we ate on the warf. We window shopped at a fishing store to price the equipment we will need to fish. I may just watch, and let Tim have the fun. You can surf fish here or fish off several public piers. There are fishing boats too, but they are mighty expensive. Several hundred dollars for 1 day is a cheap trip.

If I could take the gulf to Arizona, I will have found Neverland. But alas, I'm just dreaming.
The pictures are of the beach, amazing clouds and the boardwalk covered in sand. The sand blows on and it blows off, all in one day. Always windy here.
Later folks. Love, xxx ooo Mummy






2 comments:

Jane and John Weichert said...

Good pictures. You are having all kinds on new experiences.

Scott said...

If any of us ever find Nirvana, will we share the information? Part of the perfect spot in my dream is a limited number of neighbors. You guys are invited.