Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Heat and overcoming it

So we've had a bit of heat here. I'm worried about Zoe - she gets overheated in spite of the air conditioning, which is obviously not strong enough to cool down a tin can on the desert floor. I can't wait until we are in our house. We have a long term goal to have a pool but we can shamefully fill a kiddy pool and plant our boiling selves in a foot of water if need be. It will be cooler in the house, anything is cooler than the Jayco. Hot with wind this afternoon, heat tomorrow and then a cool down in temps for the next several days.

Speaking of tomorrow, we see our loan officer and hand over a few more pieces of information to update or application and hopefully find out the date of the appraisal. Then we have the inspection -- I can't possibly see anything really bad showing up. Stay tuned, I will be eating these words I'm sure.

So to pass the time I have two projects. Create a new budget and knit. After a coin toss the sweater won so I picked up a sweater I had been working on (for well over a year). I had mastered to pattern but all the increasing and decreasing and maintaining the pattern for necklines and armholes proved too intelligent for me I turned the sweater into balls of yarn and started anew. I am going to finish this one regardless of the progress and then donate it. Once I am in the house I will be able to create items for felting. That's my forte. I felt, therefore I am. There is something to be said about old top loading washing machines.

Tim is still in the middle of the road about living in Vegas but I'm sure this is a good move. I've always backed away from holding my ground and this is new for me. At least we have Stone Lake to fall back on when things get really hot here. We will have to rethink some of our previous choices and scale back (i.e., gas guzzler truck vs. anorexic car).

No comments: