Thursday, October 2, 2008

First stop, Iowa





October 2, 2008

KOA Adel, Iowa. Leaving Wisconsin went pretty well for us and watching the fall colors in reverse was rather odd. Now, in the Des Moines area, only a few of the lighter trees that turn yellow first are turning. But the weather is really nice. It is about 5:30 p.m. as I write this and inside the trailer the temp is in the 70s. Outside it is nicer because of breezes.



Des Moines is an incredible city to drive through. The highways, the businesses, houses, shopping malls, all are very nice to look at. It makes the cities in Wisconsin look down right trashy. I really hadn’t thought that this area would be so progressive and attractive. Of course, Tim pointed out that we don’t have a clue how many of these business are laying off and how many homes are in foreclosure. Another really impressive sight here is the wind farms. There are wind turbines in both directions at times, and you have to think how progressive Ohio must be. It did my heart good.




I posted two new pictures. One is of the Wisconsin colors. The 2nd is a color of another kind. It is amazing how many ways there are to enjoy retirement!



Tomorrow morning we off bright and early to head for a KOA in the Branson MO area, where the daily temps are in the 80s this week and we should find something interesting to do and see. We have reservations for 2 days, but may stay longer if the area is as interesting as people say.



Well, that’s it for now from the retirees. Love and Prayers. Mom and Dad




4 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm jealous! Have fun... but know that I miss you already!! Take care of eachother. :-)

Tracy said...

Why no more updates yet? I'm watching and waiting!!

Jennifer said...

Hi Mom and Dad,

It took me forever and a day to create a google account - apparently I can't read the 'authentification' letters to set up the account. I tried three different times at least ten times each until I just about threw my computer out the patio door.

Any who...I like this one much better than the first! Make sure to keep it updated. Now that I can I'll log in to keep an eye on you guys. I miss you tons! Hope you are having fun. Whore Hay says hi.

Love you!
jen

Maryann said...

Hi Guys,
I open your blog every morning, but no updates. Let us know how the winter retirement trip is going!!! It is cold and rainy here today UGH!!! This is from your only cousin that still calls you Cookie. Jen was right about setting up a google blog account I can't read those "AUTHENTIFICATION" letters either.

Maryann