Thursday, October 23, 2008

Nothing much happening

Well the heat broke last night. Yesterday was very breezy and last night we had downright wind. After 2 weeks of hitting nearly 99 every day, we are going to hit maybe a high of 87. Then back up to the low 90s but I'll survive. A little FYI, you can still have allergies in this dry climate. Both Tim and I have sinus headaches and he is pretty stuffed up. Could be with the wind kicked up last night be we're basically good. Zoe is too.

We got a new stair for the front door, it is 48 inches wide with three steps and a railing. The side without a railing has the ramp for Zoe. Now she comes in and out comfortably. The trailer steps are too steep and close for her. Every in and out took alot of thought on her part. The stairs lift up with storage. I'll get a picture later.

I miss home - that is, our families, AND Sand Lake. I've come to think of that as home since being here. Our trailer here is brighter, but smaller in every way. Dad hits his head coming in and out of the door, the shower is small, the bed is short, the lights, although charming, hang too low and we hit our heads. Our refrigerator is painfully small and it just isn't possible to cook at all in this small space.

I met a woman who is also a fiber freak and a spinner. That was a gift!!! We went to two shops yesterday where I bought some wool for felting and a pattern and yarn for a sweater for Mackenzie. I made one for Darien so . . . the guilt moves me to create one for Mackenzie. I love being a Nana. I dislike the distance though.

We miss everyone but there isn't too much more to share right now so I'll get busy knitting and I'm loving you all - friends and family. Love and prayers, Mom and Dad

1 comment:

Maryann said...

Hi, Glad to hear your still up and kicking. Sounds a little hotter than I like where you are, but it beats the cold and rainy weather we've had the past few days. Your trailer woes sound like the ones my mother had when they spent the winters in New Mexico. After two years they decided to rent an apartment for the winter. They stilled pulled the trailer with them in case they wanted to take some short trips around the area overnight. Take care, keep writing, and stay cool.

Love, Maryann